Instagram is one of the top popular social media platforms. Here you can share images & videos.
Instagram has more than 1 billion of userbase with more than 500 million daily active users.
Around 200 million people daily interact with at least one business profile on Instagram. Instagram seems to be an emerging opportunity for online business.
By today there are more than 25 million business profiles on Instagram. Instagram is the right platform for you to grow your business if you use the right strategies.
More than 70% of users choose Instagram for their shopping preferences.
The userbase is huge you can’t neglect the statistics.
When it comes to growing your page on Instagram you have to follow a few strategies which include creating content which audience will like & using hashtags.
The Instagram works on hashtags algorithm, hashtags are treated like keywords. So it is important to use relevant & trending hashtags in your posts.
But questions like on how to find trending hashtags on Instagram, how to use trending hashtags in your Instagram posts & where to find trending hashtags arises.
So we are here to answer these all questions step by step with examples.
So the first question is
- The first method for finding what is trending on Instagram is to use the explore page. But explore page shows trending content of your interest & search history.
You can use the explore page to search hashtag relevant to your content or page.
We will explain it with the help of an example:
Let say you have a page of interior designing & you have to post content on interior designing using relevant & top hashtags.
- Go to the explore page
- Tap on the search icon
- Type your hashtag let say “interior design”.
- Choose “Tags”
Now you can see relevant hashtags for interior design & reach of each hashtag.
- Click on any one of the hashtags & posts which includes that hashtags are visible to you. Along with this you also see some hashtags relevant to the searched keyword.
- Click any of the hashtags & you can see the reach & posts for the hashtags. Repeat this until you find all trending hashtags of Instagram for your post.
- The second method is you can use a few online tools to find trending hashtags. Some of them are paid while some are free.
- The third method is to find trending content on other social media sites like twitter. You can see that trends are mostly similar on social sites. You can take ideas from trending content on other sites to find trending hashtags for your Instagram page.
When it comes to using hashtags Instagram limits you to use maximum 30 hashtags.
So it is suggested to choose them wisely so you cover all types of hashtags & reach more audience.
It is advised to use 10 hashtags with high reach, 10 with medium reach & 10 with low reach.
In this way, you can cover every type of search result.
Like for interior designing, this hashtag(“#interiordesign”) has million of reach so you can use 10 hashtags of these types. While #interiordesigntips has reached in thousands so you can you use 10 hashtags of this type. The remaining 10 hashtags should have very low reach like #interiordesignmiami.
In this way, all 30 hashtags should be used, to gain maximum engagement.
Also, keep these tips in mind;
Choose your hashtags as per your content, avoid irrelevant hashtags as it will negatively affect your page.
Don’t use the same set of hashtags for all your Instagram posts. If you do so then the Instagram algorithm will consider you as a “Spammer”.
Above all your content is that always matters, only using hashtags won’t help you to grow if your content isn’t engaging.